Ways to Participate
Participating in Health Justice Sabbath means your congregation or faith group lifts up health in some way.
- You might do a big project—like a forum or health fair your whole community can attend.
- You might simply include special prayers for health and healing in worship.
- Whether it’s saying a prayer for healing, volunteering at a local clinic, holding a forum on health care issues, or something else, your participation in Health Justice Sabbath will help Texas focus on the importance of health care for all Texans.
Here are some suggested ways to participate:
- Hold a religious education class for youth and/or adults
- Offer a sermon. See sermon starters here.
- Offer prayers. See some compiled prayers here, or write your own and send them to us!
- Conduct a liturgy for health and healing
- Have congregation members volunteer at a local clinic
- Hold a health fair
- Honor the health professionals in your congregation
- Place information in your bulletin/newsletter/website
- Plan for a small group from your congregation to visit with your legislator
- Split the plate/donate to the health justice ministry of your choosing
- Sign the Interfaith “Support a Solution” letter.
- Ring church bells.